Do you know of a child in need? Funds are available to help underprivileged children with specific health care needs. The Foundation for Children School Nurse fund was founded by the Arizona Funeral, Cemetery & Cremation Association to provide a means for school nurses, counselors and/or administration to fill a need they saw for underprivileged children with a specific health need at their schools.
Funds are available to help with children’s specific health care needs only. The criteria for determining if a request qualifies are as follows:
- Only medical treatment or health care needs for underprivileged children will be considered.
- In general, requests for funding must be made prior to the actual physician visit, performance of medical tests,
examinations or medical treatment. Reimbursements after the fact are not generally made, but may be considered by the
Board in emergency situations.
- Specific items to aid in eyesight and hearing such as eyeglasses and hearing aids will be considered. Some of these requests
may be referred to the Medical Home Project.
- Emergency medications (one time request only) may be granted; on going medications are not funded.
- Requests for clothing, bedding or household items are not funded.
- Requests for more than $250 for medical treatments, test or medical devices will go to the Board of Directors of the Arizona
Funeral, Cemetery & Cremation Association, Foundation for Children for review and approval.
Please supply as much information as possible as further questions may be asked by the Board if in doubt.
For more information, please contact Heather Pace, Executive Director, at 602-909-6135 or email@example.com.